Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Venice, Santa Monica & Downtown LA

Today we decided to give the Los Angeles Metro a try and all in all a positive experience. We walked first from Venice to Santa Monica to our nearest station and then drove all the way from Santa Monica to Downtown LA. Simple. So far I can say my favorite parts of the city are Santa Monica and Downtown. What I love about Los Angeles is its different parts that have completely different feels to them. Santa Monica - a typical beachside area with shops and gorgeous houses and then Downtown that feels like little New York. Despite the controversy this city holds within I cannot help but love it. So for sure when this trip is over I will miss this place and will most definitely want to come back. The sooner the better.
The reason we went to Downtown was that we wanted to see the historical Bradbury Building where they have shot scenes for the iconic Blade Runner. Also I had my heart set on the quirky book store "The Last Bookstore". What an awesome place!! Absolutely fantastic!! So many little details within the store. Not to mention the thousands of books. Wonderful shop.
So not so much to say in writing today but I'll let the pics do the talking. :)


Walking towards Santa Monica


There are several places where you can rent a bike for 20$ per day








Lovely little streets of Santa Monica. I could easily live here. If I had money that is.



<3 Flowers 





Downtown LA



I just loved the towering buildings










One of the coolest places on earth!











Bradbury Building aka Blade Runner house :)










Loved the contrast between the buildings





Jump and touch the sky,

Johanna K

No comments:

Post a Comment