Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Hollywood Boulevard & Santa Monica Pier

Yesterday was filled with stars on a pavement, iconic sights and ocean breeze.
When you hear people speak of Los Angeles, let's be honest, most of us think of glitz and glamour. When you walk the streets of LA it starts to look a lot different. I think I've seen more homeless people than I ever have during my travels. And it's such a contrast. This is where people come to "make it", isn't it? And then the reality of it is quite different.
The other night we had dinner in this small Thai restaurant that is very close to our apartment. We noticed that some people took doggy bags and left the rest of their food on bus stops and benches. And then not long after they left the bag there, a homeless person picked up a meal. Because there was no way we could finish the huge portions they served at the restaurant, we decided to do the same. I hope someone got their bellies full of warm food.
After our walk on the Walk of Fame we took a little siesta and then headed to Santa Monica Pier. Absolutely gorgeous and we had a lot of fun taking a ride on the famous ferris wheel and one of the roller coasters. I am afraid of hights but this wasn't too bad. :) It was something I've always wanted to do.
Yet again some pics I hope you enjoy.


Capitol Records Building





This reminds me of the ending scene in Pretty Woman but probably not the same building. Just the same feeling to it.









Let's go to the mall... 




Hollywood sign.




Imagine red carpet and curtains... yup, this is where the Oscar's happen...


















Some of my favorites :)





Saw this and thought of my mom :)





Forrest? Forrest Gump?













Ferris Wheel






My gorgeous friend Jonna



Views from the wheel :)






Aquarium paintings.

Jump and touch the sky,

Johanna K







No comments:

Post a Comment