Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Love Lust Faith Dreams tour 2013-2015

"What is this?" you might be wondering. Well, let me explain.

Music has always been an important part of my life. Ever since I was a child it was something I was drawn to. I never learned an instrument to play, but I could listen to music for hours and hours. My mother wanted me to know different genres, not just music made specifically for children. So as I grew up I got to know artists like Janis Joplin, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James... Many awesome singers and songwriters. I grew up in a time when MTV actually showed programs that had something to do with music - not teen pregnancies or some young adults getting extremely drunk on a shore. Some of you know what I'm talking about. Music videos, documentaries, behind the scenes stories, live shows... It was a great era. These days I'll listen to everything from classical music to hard rock. I have several artists that I enjoy. Florence + The Machine, Adele, Sia, Ivy Levan, James Bay and Thirty seconds to Mars to name a few. The list is long. I enjoy searching through Spotify for new songs or older with weird search words, just to see if I can find something fun. But why that odd post title then? No - I did not tour WITH Thirty Seconds to Mars. I just traveled a lot to see them play in different corners of the world. Let's be clear on that.

"Why?" you might ask. Well, one day I was searching the internet for some cool music and came across this band called 30 seconds to Mars. Listened to a few songs from their self titled album and thought this is quite weird. This was somewhere in the early millennium. I knew who Jared Leto was but had no idea he was making music. I just knew him as an actor. (For those of you who understand, don't worry, I'm not going to say it :D) I noticed I kept going back to the album and it didn't take long for "A beautiful lie"-album to get released. I didn't travel at all during that album. Too scared to do anything that would or could rock my ever so steady life. But when "This is war" came out everything changed. I found courage to say things out loud that I had been too afraid to say. I found strength to start looking into who I really want to be and what it is that I really want to do. Music has always been the best therapist for me. Good things an bad. I found friends - some have stayed, some gone. And when" Love Lust Faith + Dreams" saw the light of day I knew I would be exploring the world even more. I've seen them play over 30 times, probably closer to 40 now.

I've made friends all over the world, some of which have become extremely dear to me. I started studying photography and I'm on my way to making my dreams a reality. I'm sticking to things I love and I've become stronger as a person.

I want to thank all those people I've met, places I've seen and experiences I've had. Without you this life would be so much more boring. To certain people a special thanks. You know who you are. I love you to bits.

Jared, Shannon, Tomo - you'll probably never see this - but thank you. You have no idea how much your music and words mean to me. You have saved me so many times.

Here are  photos from my journey. Not all of them :D There would be too many. But I hope you enjoy these memories I'm sharing. :)

Some of you might of seen some of these pictures on my previous blog. I've closed it and from now on I'll be posting all of my photos with a watermark. A lot of pictures just spread and with no credit which was not cool so that's why the watermarks. Anyway, enjoy.














































































Jump and touch the sky,

Johanna K

p.s removing watermarks is a copyright violation since I have the copyrights to all of my pictures. (Ha ha ha for me trying to sound "professional" but still... it's illegal.)

2 comments:

  1. some really great work here. love the one with shannon's hair in the air...talk about a perfect moment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really was!! Thank you for your lovely words :)

      Delete