Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year 2016

Well, the new year arrived yet again and this time my new year's celebrations were very peaceful. I spent my New Year's eve with my parents and with my dogs. I didn't even have to go to town in order to see fireworks because in the area of the city my parents live in, they hold their own fireworks display. It's meant for families and children and that's why it starts at 8 pm.




I decided to make a few New Year's resolutions this year. Mostly the kind that have to with myself. It's yet again another year of making myself feel better about me and the about the life that has been given to me. Not always easy. There are things I dreamed of having but for whatever reason, things just didn't work out that way. Sometimes it's painful to try and accept certain things but because change is not always something you can control, then it's better to just try and push through the pain. And maybe find focus on other things. On the things that you can control. Sorrow is in the end a healthy feeling but you cannot let it consume you. 



Starry starry night? 



I kind of liked these "failed shots" since they remind me of space.



This year I've made a promise to try new things. Even the kind that scare me. Or should I say especially the ind that scare me. I'm afraid of hights for example so I'm going to try climbing. But I am going to stuff I find interesting and fun too. Like pole dancing. Maybe I'll give some other dance classes a try too. I'd like to try riding a horse. It would be fun to try snow boarding. Maybe winter won't feel so terrible if I find something to do during the cold months? 




I am going to stick to my project in losing the weight that I still need to. I will continue to focus on taking care of myself inside and outside. There's still a lot to learn.






I'm going to continue to surround myself with friends who bring positivity and good vibes into my life and not give so much room to negativity. I'll much rather focus on happiness and laughter.



Never thought that fireworks could look interesting in black and white too until a classmate gave me this idea. :) Thank you for that.





I will photograph more and more and I promise to try to learn more and become better. I promise to focus more and challenge myself. I promise to write down every idea and then follow through with them.





I also promise to travel. To see the world and share that with whoever stumbles upon this blog. I promise to write more about the places I've visited. I promise to find out more about the places I visit. To put in the effort to learn about the history and the present.


Golden sparkles.






As a personal challenge I also promise to learn about making videos. This one is tough one for me because I am more into stills than video but I'm trying to get motivated and learn. I also promise to read more books. I love reading but somehow I never "have the time" to read enough. I started the Outlander series and I'm determined to finish it.

















Looks like space doesn't it? Like the milky way or something...









Fireworks fan.

So did you make promises to yourself? How are you going to make sure you keep them? Have you already taken steps to start something new? If you feel like it - please share some thoughts on your resolutions. Would be fun to hear? If there are any readers out there.

Jump and touch the sky,

Johanna K



No comments:

Post a Comment